As a Logistics Account Executive, you will serve as the primary contact for clients and independent freight carriers and will build a book of ongoing business accounts via prospecting, networking and referrals. You will also provide your clients with the highest level of service and support needed to retain their business, grow their accounts, and gain referrals.
This position will reside at our corporate office in Maynard, MA and may require some travel to visit new potential customers.
Your specific duties as a Logistics Account Executive will include:
- Generating new business transportation leads and setting appointments
- Making sales presentations to prospective clients (carriers and shippers)
- Negotiating shipping rates with carriers
- Managing daily shipping schedules and dispatching trucks for freight pickup
- Maintaining regular contact with existing clients to determine their daily and weekly shipping needs
- Providing responsive customer service and resolving client issues quickly and efficiently
- Ensuring that all client freight loads are shipped on time
- Following up on client referrals
- Meeting or exceeding all performance goals
As a Logistics Account Executive, you must have a charismatic and confident personality as well as an exceptional work ethic and the entrepreneurial spirit to manage your own book of business. Aggressiveness, persistence, resiliency and commitment to providing the best customer service are also important traits for you to bring to the table. It is also very important that you can establish rapport and build credibility via excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Specific qualifications for the Logistics Account Executive position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent with 2 years full-time work experience; college degree, preferred
- Proven track record of success in previous employment
- Freight brokerage sales experience, highly desirable along with your own book of business.
- Excellent multitasking and prioritization skills
- Solid diplomatic and conflict-management skills
- Basic computer and typing skills