WHAT IS A FREIGHT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM?
A freight management system helps shippers streamline supply chain operations, simplify the shipping process and increase logistical efficiency. Through the latest software technology, shippers can benefit on a time and monetary basis from the full visibility a freight management system offers their supply chain.
Also known as a transportation management system, freight management systems allow shippers to:
- Book orders instantly
- Find the best carrier rates
- Search all transportation modes
- Manage carriers’ negotiated rates
- Request and receive spot quotes
- Track shipments 24/7
By understanding, automating and optimizing the shipping process with freight management software, shippers can better manage and streamline supply chain operations.
Kuebix Freight Management Software
Avoid the logistical nightmare of shipping freight! Kuebix offers three transportation management solutions including Kuebix Shipper, a free freight shipping software that allows shippers to rate, book and track shipments at no cost. This free TMS helps supply chains save much-needed time and money by avoiding the endless paper trail and non-stop calls that are typically involved in booking freight.
Manage Freight for Free with Kuebix Shipper
How Does Kuebix Freight Management Software Work?
Kuebix TMS is built on leading cloud technology including the Salesforce Force.com platform. Because it’s built on the cloud, the system offers lower total cost of ownership and is easier to implement since it doesn’t require IT support.
Kuebix has developed web service (API) integrations with major carriers, allowing for rapid onboarding and data sharing. For carriers that don’t currently support web services, Kuebix TMS also offers tariff uploads and EDI integrations. As a cloud-based software, users can view all their carrier rates while also accessing real-time information — all on one, easy-to-use platform.
What Are the Benefits of Freight Management Software?
A freight management system, like Kuebix TMS, will enable shippers to rate, book and track shipments. Additionally, a system can empower supply chains and solve common challenges by:
- Incorporating all shipping options (road, rail, ocean, air) and modes on one platform.
- Consolidating and optimizing shipments for cost-effectiveness.
- Ensuring accuracy and time savings with efficient system-to-system communication.
- Lowering administrative costs and reducing errors.
- Automatically documenting and auditing invoices, handling claims and exceptions.
- Informing the shipper and their customers of shipping statuses.
- Offering a large carrier pool to help shippers find the right carrier at the right price and service level.
- Instituting pre-paid and itemized accessorial charges in customer billing to avoid losing money.
- Creating easy-to-read reports and dashboards that keep track of the cost and service level of every shipment.
- Enabling effective ways to schedule dock operations and manage yards.
- Managing the RFP process with carriers to efficiently set up the best rates and service levels to tender shipments more effectively.
The most beneficial freight management systems are flexible and built on platforms that can scale with a business — whether it be a simple or complex supply chain. A system that offers full analytical capabilities can highlight well managed supply chain segments and expose segments to improve, creating the opportunity for optimization.
Ask These 12 Questions Before Choosing a TMS
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How are freight management systems priced?
A: The cost for each system in the industry will vary, but cloud-based TMS platforms are typically priced on a month-to-month or annual basis.
Q: Is there a freight management software that can integrate with my other systems?
A: Yes! The system you choose should be able to integrate with your third-party or internal processes. For example, Kuebix TMS can integrate with ERP, financial, scheduling, supplier, carrier and warehouse management systems.
Q: Does my supply chain need a freight management system?
A: Supply chains of any size can benefit from implementing a system to manage freight operations. If your company is looking for an alternative to manual processes that can save you time and reduce errors, then a TMS may be right for you!
Try Our Freight Management Software for Free!
Sign up for Kuebix Shipper.