Did Black Friday/Cyber Monday Tax Your Logistics Operation?
This year’s Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday retail sales broke records. According to Shopify, over 25.5 million consumers made a purchase from a Shopify merchant on Black Friday, Cyber Monday, or in between. Shoppers spent an average of $83.05 per order and focused heavily on makeup, mobile phone accessories and jackets. Cell phones dominated the holiday shopping season with 69% of sales made on phones or tablets.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales reached over $2.9 billion, a huge success in comparison to last year’s $1.8 billion. It’s estimated that at the peak of the shopping frenzy, shoppers were spending over $1.5 million per minute!
Now that orders have been placed, they must be delivered. As a shipper, you should ask yourself the following questions:
- • Can your logistics operation keep up with the velocity of orders speeding through your e-commerce engine?
- • Will you have to pay expedited freight charges to make sure customers get their orders on-time?
- • Can you quickly find capacity with your contracted carriers to stay ahead of demand?
- • Can you easily contract with carriers for any mode to book a load?
- • Can you effortlessly compare your contracted rates to the spot market to find a better rate?
- • Once the holiday rush is all over, can you look historically at shipment data to find areas for improvement?
With Kuebix’s transportation management system (TMS), shippers can do all of the above – and more!
Kuebix Shipper is a free TMS that allows shippers of any size to rate, book and track shipments via LTL, TL and Parcel – all in about the time it takes to purchase an airline flight online. Join our online global community of shippers to help match demand with capacity during this busy holiday season.
Kuebix Business Pro is a full-service TMS for multiple users with advanced analytics and carrier scorecards, freight bill audit and pay, claims management and integrations with other solutions. Using Kuebix Business Pro during the busy holiday season allows you to uncover rate exceptions and discrepancies for added savings; integrate your order management system for streamlined transport planning; and leverage analytics to reduce freight spend.
Kuebix Enterprise is a configurable TMS that offers advanced applications to meet your logistics operation’s needs. Managed services provide shippers partnerships with Kuebix freight experts to uncover even greater efficiencies and savings, with full-tracking and visibility of your freight from the dock to your customer’s doorstep.
By choosing the right TMS, retailers can keep up with the exponential growth of their e-commerce operations during this holiday season and beyond!