Challenges like the driver shortage, capacity crunch, increased final mile delivery expectations and rising freight prices have shippers looking for ways to improve their supply chains. The solution to these problems is to implement a transportation management system (TMS). A robust TMS can speed up logistics operations, reduce waste and improve the company’s bottom line. Here are a few of the main advantages and benefits of transportation management systems (TMS).
- Save between 10 – 20% on your total freight spend depending on your supply chain’s current processes.
- Gain visibility to all your loads and always have an answer to the question: “Where’s my truck?!”
- Select the best rate & best service type for every shipment by comparing all options side-by-side.
- Optimize and consolidate loads and routes to reduce empty miles and improve efficiencies.
- Track and trace orders down to the SKU level to provide better service to customers.
- Analyze reports, dashboards, and carrier & supplier scorecards to make strategic changes to your supply chain.
- Centralize all order and load information so that it can be easily accessed by any team member, creating continuity for logistics teams.
- Exceed customer expectations and improve customer satisfaction by shipping faster, cheaper, and with improved visibility.